Environmental Health and Safety provides general laboratory, biosafety, blood borne pathogens, radiation and laser safety training. Please reference the training matrix to determine the type of training that you may need.
Sign up for training classes is now done through OWL-Space. You will have to join our OWL-Space page to view and sign up for training sessions. Here is how you join our page:
1. Login to your OWL-Space account by going HERE.
2. In My Workspace, click on the Membership page on the left hand side of the screen.
3. Click the "Joinable Sites" link at the top of the window.
4. Search for "EHS" in the search bar.
5. Click the "Join" link on the "EHS" worksite. Rice University Environmental Health and Safety should be in the description.
6. To view and sign up for an available training session, click the "Training Sign-Up" page on the left hand side of the screen, select the class, and click sign up.
After you have joined the site, it will be in your OWL-Space account permanently. If you have any questions or concerns contact the safety department at X4444 or Chris Mize at firstname.lastname@example.org
****** If you do not have a Rice University OWL-Space login you can attend any EHS training course without signing up ahead of time. The information that you provide on the sign in sheet during the course will be used to provide credit for the course. ******