Waste Pickup Request
Rice's Environmental Health and Safety Department provides support to the Rice Community in the areas of chemical, biological, radiation, fire, office, and laboratory safety. The department also works with local, state and federal agencies to ensure compliance with government codes and policies and assure everyone that Rice University is a safe place to work and study.
*** Waste Pickup requests have moved to Bioraft. For new users, see the guidance below.***
Submitting a New Waste Pickup Request for your Lab
Option 1: Log into BioRAFT, in the left-side menu under your Lab, click the “Waste” link. This link brings you to the “Waste” tab for your Lab in order to submit your pickup requests.
Option 2: To submit a pickup request directly from the BioRAFT homepage, click the “Request Waste Pickup” link in the bottom right of your homepage. If you are a member of multiple Labs, a separate link will be listed for each Lab.
*** If you are not listed as a member of your lab in Bioraft, the Principal Investigator (PI) or their designee will have to add you to their lab in order to submit a request. ***
*** If you are not a member of any research lab and have waste to be picked up, please email firstname.lastname@example.org ***
Click the “Submit New Chemical Waste Pickup Request” link.
- Multiple containers of the same chemical constituents may be placed in the same request.Containers of different chemical constituents will require different requests.
- All fields with an asterisk (*) are required for submission.
- Enter the pickup details, including the physical state, amount per container, the associated units, and select the number of containers from the drop-down. Select the appropriate space information from the “Location” drop-down. Select the appropriate “Waste Material” from the drop-down.
- Enter the chemical constituents by searching the chemical database and add the appropriate percentages to the best of your ability.
- Enter any additional information as needed in the "Additional Details" section. Please include the room number and location of the waste within the room. Please note that certain fields may be collapsed within the form.
- To complete your request, click the “Submit Pick Up Request” at the bottom of the page. If you need to submit another request right away, click the option to “Submit Another Pick Up Request”button. This will submit your current request and immediately prompt you to complete another request form.
*** Please make sure that the waste is visible and clearly labeled for pick up. ***